To be eligible for Preps 2024 your child must turn five (5) on or before April 30th 2024
The Department of Education (DE) has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Newport Lakes Primary School.
The new timeline will apply for children stating Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24th April, 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) at Newport Lakes Primary School from 24th April 2023.
What you need to do:
- School tours will be conducted in Term 2 and bookings can be made on Compass Tix by clicking here.
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24th April 2023).
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28th July, 2023.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11th August, 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25th August, 2023..
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28th July, 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
Residential Address Check
Schools may ask for additional information, such as copies of rental agreements or unconditional contracts of sale, to confirm your address.
Your child’s address is where they permanently reside at the time of seeking enrolment. If your child lives at multiple addresses, their permanent residence is the address at which they spend most of their weekdays.
To support a school’s request, you may be asked to complete a 100-point residential address . Documents should show the same parent/carer name and address as recorded on the application form.
If unsure what you need to provide, ask your school or refer to the residential address .
Enrolment applications may not be successful if information is not provided or found not to be genuine.